Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Today was boring, and rainy. haha. we had orientations all day. about the internship, about the apartments and appliances, about the city, everything. lots of talking talking talking. 
i start tomorrow. yesterday, when Cameron and I were walking around london's legal center, hehe, we passed this beautiful building that we thought was a college. turns out, it's the building where i will be working. It's called the Courtauld Institute of Art. it's by the river, in the city center. that entire area is absolutely gorgeous. i can't wait, i'm excited. hopefully it will be a nice atmosphere for work. 
The people from the program seem nice, the other students I mean. it's 5 girls and one guy. The girls, I think, will eventually get on my nerves, they're a little too girly (yes i know, i'm the girly girl of all girls, but trust me, these are worse, haha) a bit too high maintenance. yesterday there was a whole lot of fuss over hairdryers. They are aparently just book smart, not bright when it comes to other things in life, like knowing that england and the US have different voltage. My roommate already blew her hairdryer and now she's having a fit. oh well, i guess looks do matter when you are doing an internship in parliament haha. 
my dress code is business casual, so i don't have to look s perfectly professional as my roommate, poor thing has to wear suits and all. 
I have to say, i don't think i could live in london, the rain is already driving me crazy. it gets tiring always having rain, getting wet, carrying umbrellas, ugh!
i think i can manage with the lack of space. although my roomate already has a mess, i mean with this little space, we can't afford messes!!!!! she has totally taken over the nightable, we are supposed to SHARE!!!! 
like i said, they're nice girls . . . . . hahaha. 
Oh, and emily, guess what? i went to walk Cameron to the front door yesterday before he went home, and when i opened the door there was a kitty cat outside our building. I couldn't tell if it was a male or female, but it had a collar, so it wasn't a stray cat. it was just visiting. it was an orange tabby (like Jack and Fox) more adult though, name Slash (according to his/ her tag) and soooooooo friendly. i hope she/he comes to visit more often. it'll be my adoptive cat friend. I was very very excited. Normally I wouldn't have started petting a cat in the street but since it had  a collar and a name and all, i figure it was safe, sooooo adorable. I miss Jack and Zoe and Sienna and Chai!!!!!!!! Kitties!!!!!!!!!!!! 
There doesn't seem to be enough time in this city for three meals a day. apparently people here only expect you to eat twice, that's all we've had these past two days. i hope the job doesn't give me any homework, i'm looking forward to being able to come home and have ME time, no homework!!!!! 
Ok, i think i'm going to bed.  Have a great day back home everyone!!!! 

4 comments:

pk said...

seems great!
and u looks happy!
i'm glad everything is ok!
kisses and hugs

pk said...

uops: "u look happy"

madelapaz said...

Lore!!!!!!!!!!
Inmediatamente me metí a http://www.courtauld.ac.uk/gallery/index.shtml
ya vi el edifico...creo jejeje. Está precioso y las old but nice ladies suenan...pues exactamente como deben ser....muy inglesas!No te digo "Enjoy it!" porque CLARAMENTE eso es o que estás haciendo!!!! Te imagino cortando y pegando MUY diferente no en la forma "cut and paste" que usualmente harías jijiji
te dejo muchos besos!!!!!!!!!
yomerita

Senora Duran said...

Otro recado hijita;

Yo tambien me voy a meter a ese link que dice Pace para ver el edificio.

Todos mis comentarios son de hoy porque ya ves que tenia fin de term y calificaciones, etc.
Mil besos
Mama