Monday, January 28, 2008

So today was the first day back to work after being sick. It was nice, having a routine again. I got there and all the old ladies were very happy to see me. I started a new project today. Turns out, recently the son of an art dealer who died donated all his dad's files to the library. The art dealer, when he was alive, documented every painting he sold and bought, taking notes, doing research, keeping all the correspondence between him and buyers and sellers, etc. So the files that the library has now in that collection having letters, documents, pictures, transparencies, etc. I have to look at each file, and put everything that it contains onto an excel spreadsheet, then go look up the artist and see if the library already has that image, and make a note of it. It's nice, i sit at the computer for an hour then walk around the library looking up artists for an hour, then back to the computer, then walk around again. It's a nice change. I love that i am constantly receiving visual input of art history. It helps with my creativity, inspiration and of course visual intellect. 
It looks like every few weeks i'll change projects so it will be varied and fun. 
Other than work, i got home, cooked dinner, showered, the usual . . . and now i'm going to bed. I don't want to be exhausted tomorrow. 
Ciao!! 

3 comments:

Senora Duran said...

Hola hijita:

Que bueno que ya estas mejor y tu trabajo menos aburrido. Ya mande tus applications.
mil besos
Mama

Bob Banks said...

Lorena:
Somehow (through google alerts) I came upon your blog. hope you are having a great time in London. We are so used to our own space here, that is so different in other parts of the world. People really get close to you, physically I mean in a line and such. you will get used to it. I am an art dealer in Dallas. I am intrigued about the work you are doing with the recently donated art dealer diary. If you are able to share any of it digitally or otherwise, I would love to see it. If you have any specific questions that my 27 years of experience in the art world could be useful, please email me.
matchinbob@gmail.com. I can give you my gallery email if you reply outside this blog.
Thanks
Bob Banks

Stephania said...

Hey Hun!
I hope you're having a great time! That trip of yours to Venice sounds like an absolute dream! Please email pictures because I need a semi-escape from the frigid climes of Ontario Canada!
Love,
Stephania Sikora