Monday, February 4, 2008

Hello. 
It was a long and wonderful weekend. Venice, well, it's Venice. 
What can I say? 
Venice during Carnevale, well there are no words for it. I can sit here and type away until my hands go numb  and my wrists writhe in pain, but it still wont be enough. all i can is you have to see it for yourself. 
It's a surreal experience: old, traditional, sophisticated meets modern, euphoric, worldly to make a flamboyant, exhilirated extravaganza of colors, lights, people, costumes. The costumes, oh my god. SOooo amazing. Not halloween style costumes. No. There's a style to Venetian carnevale. It's Louis XIV's Court meets Star Wars' Queen Amidala and company. When put in a setting that originates from the Renaissance, you have what a true fantasy would be like: surreal, a futuristic time capsule. 
It was amazing. beyond amazing. Not just romantic, as in love, but Romantic, as in the ism (Romanticism) with the fear/craziness/extreme happiness. 
It was Venice. It was Carnevale. 
Nothing tops it, not Mardi Gras in new orleans, not st. patricks, nothing. Why? because no other huge city-wide party has venice as its backdrop. 
It's late, and I haven't slept much. tomorrow I will go into detail as to what we did and all. this weekend I will try to upload pictures, or put a link for pictures. 
Let me know how you are all doing. 
Ciao ciao!

1 comment:

madelapaz said...

Ciao, carissima!!!

Sólo para dejarte besos y decirte que: QUEREMOS FOTOS DE VENECIA Y DE LONDRES!!!! QUEREMOS VERTE!!!!!!!!!

Besos y más besos
la Frau